1. BELHA COLLECTION GROUP'S COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY PROTECTION
You are one of our most loyal customers and we take the confidentiality and security of your personal data very seriously.
This is why, with the entry into force of the new General Regulation on the Protection of Personal Data (RGPD), we have implemented a policy to protect your privacy. This Charter materialises our commitments to you and describes how Belha Collection uses your personal data.
By "personal data", we mean any information collected and recorded in a format that makes it possible to identify you personally, either directly (e.g. name) or indirectly (e.g. telephone number) as an individual.
Before sending us this information, we recommend that you read the rest of this document, which describes our policy on protecting the privacy of our customers.
3. PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
When we collect and process your personal data, we will provide you with all the information and inform you of the purpose and recipients of the data.
We will only collect and process your personal data in connection with your stay at one of our Group's hotels. We will only collect personal data that is necessary for processing. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal data we hold is accurate and up to date.
Retention of your personal data for the period necessary to process the data in accordance with legal requirements.
You have the right to access, modify, correct or delete your personal data. You may also object to the use of your personal data, in particular if you do not wish to receive commercial canvassing. The contact details of the department to be contacted are given below under the heading "Access and modification".
Confidentiality and security: we will implement reasonable technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful alteration or loss, or unauthorised use, disclosure or access.
4. SCOPE OF APPLICATION
This Charter applies to :
All data processing carried out in our Belha Collection Group hotels
To all Groupe Belha Collection booking websites, in particular www.belha-collection.com; www.biarritz-thalasso.com; www.atlanthal.com; www.hotel-lesterrasses.com; www.hotel-le-biarritz.com; www.hotel-le-bayonne.com; www.thalmar.com
5. WHAT PERSONAL DATA IS COLLECTED?
As a Belha Collection customer, you may be asked at various times for information about yourself and/or members of your family, such as :
- contact details (e.g. surname, first name, telephone number, email address, etc.);
- personal information (e.g. date of birth, nationality, etc.);
- information about your children (e.g. first name, date of birth, age, etc.);
- your credit card number (for transaction and booking purposes):
- your arrival and departure dates;
- your preferences and interests (e.g. smoking or non-smoking room, preferred floor, sports, interests, etc.)
- your questions/comments, during or following a stay in one of our establishments.
The collection of information on persons under the age of 18 is limited to their name, nationality and date of birth, which can only be provided by an adult.
We voluntarily do not collect sensitive information, such as racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health details or sexual orientation.
In addition, depending on the applicable local laws, other information may be considered sensitive, in particular: your credit card number, your hobbies, your personal activities and hobbies, whether or not you smoke, etc.... We may need to collect this information in order to satisfy your requests or provide you with the appropriate service, such as a specific diet, for example.
6. WHEN IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
Personal data may be collected on various occasions, in particular :
1. Hotel activities :
- Booking a room ;
- Registration and payment ;
- Drinking in the hotel bar or restaurant during your stay ;
- Requests, complaints and/or disputes.
2. Participation in marketing programmes or events :
- Registration in loyalty programmes ;
- Contribution to satisfaction surveys
- Online competitions or games ;
- Subscribe to newsletters to receive offers and promotions by email.
3. Transmission of information from third parties :
- Tour operators, travel agencies, GDS reservation systems, others, ... ;
4. Internet activities :
- Connection to Belha Collection sites (IP address, cookies) ;
- Online collection forms (online bookings, questionnaires, social networks, connection devices such as Facebook Login, etc.).
We collect your personal data in order to :
1. Fulfil our obligations to our customers.
2. Manage room reservations and accommodation requests:
- Drawing up and keeping legal documents in compliance with accounting standards;
3. Managing your stay at the hotel :
- Track your consumption (telephone, bar, treatments, etc.)
- Room access management
- Internal management of a list of guests who have behaved inappropriately during their stay at the hotel (aggression and incivilities, failure to comply with the hotel contract, failure to comply with security rules, theft, damage and vandalism or payment incidents).
4. Improve our hotel service, in particular :
- To process your personal data in our customer marketing programme, in order to carry out marketing operations and to gain a better understanding of your needs and wishes;
- Adapt our products and services to meet your needs as closely as possible;
- Personalise offers and relational messages for you;
- Inform you of special offers and any new services created by Belha Collection
5. Managing our relationship with our customers before, during and after your stay:
- Loyalty programme management ;
- Qualification of the customer database ;
- Segmentation operations based on customers' booking history and travel habits to send targeted communications;
- Predicting and anticipating future behaviour;
- Drawing up statistics and commercial scores, and reporting;
- Knowing and managing the preferences of loyal and non-loyal customers;
- To send you newsletters, promotions and offers for tourism, hotels or services, or offers from Belha Collection's partners, or to contact you by telephone;
- Manage requests to unsubscribe from newsletters, promotions, tourist offers and satisfaction surveys;
- Use a dedicated telephone service to contact people staying at Belha Collection hotels in the event of serious events affecting the site concerned (natural disasters, terrorist attacks, etc.);
6. Carry out cross-checks, analyses and combinations via a trusted third party of your data collected when you make a reservation or during your stay, in order to determine your centres of interest and your customer profile and to enable us to send you personalised offers.
7. To improve Belha Collection's services, in particular :
- Research and analysis of questionnaires and customer feedback;
- Claims management ;
- Enable you to benefit from the advantages of our loyalty programme.
8. To secure and improve your use of Belha Collection websites, in particular :
- Improved navigation
- Implementing security and fraud prevention
9. Comply with local legislation (e.g. keeping accounting records)
8. CONDITIONS OF ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA BY THIRD PARTIES
In order to guarantee you a right of access and modification (article "Access and Modification"), we must share your personal data with internal and external recipients, under the following conditions:
a. Within the Belha Collection group: in order to provide you with the best possible service, we may share your personal data and give access to authorised personnel of our entities, in particular:
- Hotel staff ;
- Reservation staff using reservation tools ;
- IT Services ;
- Sales partners and marketing services ;
- Medical services if required ;
- Legal services if required ;
- Generally, any appropriate person of the entities of the Belha Collection group.
b. With service providers and partners: your personal data may be transmitted to a third party in order to provide you with services and improve your stay, in particular: External service providers: IT sub-contractors, banks, credit card issuers, external lawyers, routers, printers.
c. Local authorities: we may also pass on your information to local authorities if required to do so by law or as part of an investigation and in accordance with local regulations.
9. DATA SECURITY
Belha Collection takes appropriate technical and organisational measures, in accordance with applicable legal provisions, to protect your personal data against unlawful or accidental destruction, accidental loss or alteration, or unauthorised disclosure or access. To this end, we have put in place technical measures (such as firewalls) and organisational measures (such as an identifier/password system, means of physical protection, etc.).
When you transmit your credit card details when booking, SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption technology is used to ensure the security of your transactions.
11. DATA RETENTION
We keep your personal data only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Charter or as required by applicable law.
12. ACCESS AND MODIFICATION
You have the right to access and modify your personal data collected by Belha Collection. subject to applicable legal provisions.
You may also exercise your right to object by writing to the address below.
If you have any difficulty in exercising your rights, please contact the department responsible for personal data directly by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to the following address:
Belha Collection - Biarritz Thalasso Resort
Personal Data Protection Department
153 Boulevard des Plages
In the interests of confidentiality and the protection of your personal data, we will need to identify you in order to respond to your request. To do this, you will be asked to attach a copy of an official identity document, such as a driving licence or passport, to your request.
If your personal data is not accurate, complete or up to date, please notify the changes to the "Personal Data" department indicated above.
All requests will be dealt with as quickly as possible and in accordance with applicable law.
You may also exercise your rights with regard to your personal data stored and processed by a hotel following a stay, and to do so you must contact the hotel directly.
We may amend this Charter from time to time. We therefore invite you to consult this Charter regularly, particularly when making a reservation at one of our hotels.
14. QUESTIONS AND CONTACTS
If you have any questions about the Biarritz Thalasso Resort group's personal data policy, please contact the "Personal Data" department (see "Access and Modification"). If you have activated modules linked to social networks, remember to indicate information on data collected by third parties.